The 2017 Annual Meeting of the PA Conference of Teamsters will be held at the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA form April 30 through May 3, 2017.
Future dates set for the PA Conference of Teamsters Annual Meeting/Convention are as follows:
April 28th through May 1, 2019
April 26th through April 29, 2020
THE 2018 ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PENNSYLVANIA CONFERENCE OF TEAMSTERS
WAS HELD FROM April 29 – May 2, 2018 AT THE HOTEL HERSHEY IN HERSHEY, PA. The PA Conference is proud to announce that we had 99% participation from all our affiliateLocals.
The main theme at this year's convention revolved around “Right-to-Work”. Many union officials and elected officials addressed the attendees on the importance of staying the course and actively fighting all forms of anti-union legislation and especially "Right-to-Work legilsation.. Numerous dignitaries, both elected and appointed, attended the reception held in the evening of the opening day of the Annual Meeting at The Hotel Hershey. Those in attendance included congressmen, legislators, senators, cabinet members, judges and the heads of various state and federal agencies.
The2018 Annual Meeting closed at the end of the final Session on May 2, 2018 . Following is a summary of speakers and programs presented on Monday, April 30 and Tuesday, May 1, 2018:
MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018
8:00 A.M. TO 8:45 A.M. – Registration – Castilian Room
Prayer, Carl “Hands” Paullet, Former Eastern Region Director Retiree Affairs IBT
Report of Bylaws Committee,Chairman William Hamilton
Joe Molinero, Chairman, Resolutions Committee-Reading and Passage of the 2018 Annual Meeting Resolutions
Joe Molinero, Secretary-Treasurer, Reading and Approval of the PA Conference of Teamsters Financial Report of March 2018
Betty Rose Fischer, Recording Secretary-Reading and Approval of the 2017 Annual Meeting Minutes (previously supplied to all affiliates)
William Hamilton, President PA Conf. of Teamsters – Closing Remarks
The Executive Board of the PA Conference clearly expressed that each is there to serve the interest of the membership in opposing laws and outside forces that attempt to undermine the integrity and well being of the Teamsters. Each has further pledged to work tirelessly to give all Locals the best service available.
The Executive Board of the PA Conference of Teamsters wishes to express a special THANK YOU to all the Affiliate Local Unions, GCC/IBT, BLET, Guests, vendors and Speakers that attended, participated and helped to make the 2018 Annual Meeting a huge success.
The followingResolutions were adopted by the Delegation on Wednesday, May 2, 2018:
1. In Support of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters
2. In Support of Political Action and Voter Registration
3. Against “Right-To-Work” Legislation
4. In Support of Prevailing Wage Laws
5. In Support of PA Misclassification Legislation
6. In Support of Our U.S. Troops
7. In Support of the D.G. Yuengling & Son Boycott
8. Against Converting the PA Turnpike into an Electronic Toll Road
9. In Support of the BLET’s Two-man Crew Bill”
10. In Opposition to U.S. HR 785 “National Right-To-Work” Legislation
11. In Opposition to the Philadelphia Beverage Tax
12. In Opposition to the Laws Restricting Peaceful Rallies and Protests
13. In Opposition to One-Party Control of All Three Branches of
14. In Support of the “Butch Lewis Act” Pension Reform
15. In Opposition to Janus v. AFSCME
16. In Support of The PA Conference of Teamsters Endorsed Candidate